It's been snowing for over 24 hours now, and although original forecasts were mixed (anywhere from 3-5" up to 14-18" depending on the source and time of day!), we finally are winding down on the snow. It was the same storm system that caused all of the tornadoes in the southeast last night.
This morning we only had about 3" of snow from overnight, and to tell you the truth I was kind of disappointed in a way. BUT, despite forecasts of only 3" more through the day, we got an absolute dump of another 10-12" from about 8 am to 5 pm. Oh, and about 25-30 mph winds made my drive home from work at noon just horrid. Too bad I didn't have a Durango! They actually canceled classes at UW Madison, which I've never seen happen in the 12 years I've been here
My last measure of snow at our house from this morning to now is a whopping 13", which for us, is pretty big snow. They say we might get up to 18" total. Not much by Nor-easter standards, but we've now had over 70" of snow this winter, the second most ever for Madison.
This morning we only had about 3" of snow from overnight, and to tell you the truth I was kind of disappointed in a way. BUT, despite forecasts of only 3" more through the day, we got an absolute dump of another 10-12" from about 8 am to 5 pm. Oh, and about 25-30 mph winds made my drive home from work at noon just horrid. Too bad I didn't have a Durango! They actually canceled classes at UW Madison, which I've never seen happen in the 12 years I've been here
My last measure of snow at our house from this morning to now is a whopping 13", which for us, is pretty big snow. They say we might get up to 18" total. Not much by Nor-easter standards, but we've now had over 70" of snow this winter, the second most ever for Madison.
The dogs are really pissed off about it, as they completely sink into the snow. Uli has asked for a vacation at Bucky's house! Time to go shovel...crap!
During the height of the heavy snow, the driveway and road are completely covered
Finally, the video below shows Uli navigating the snow, trying desperately to find a place to do his business. Find out if he's successful!
1 comment:
Wow! Its sunny and 60 here today, sorry to rub it in :)
Post a Comment