Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bathroom Update II...almost there!

Update 1/10/07: So despite being on-call this week, I've been able to make some big strides with the finish work. First is the new window, which now is complete with trim that I sanded/stained/cut myself (thanks to Nosaj for the saw!) The window was installed by Brian, and is a nice fiberglass frame that won't stain or get mildewy. Double-paned glass is tinted on the bottom so Brandy can't see me naked when he's outside.

We finally got our new vent cap by FedEx today. It is an unfinished oak, but will be stained to match the window trim. Might get to that this weekend, depending on how busy I get...

Here is the new door, which Brian and I installed on Monday night. It's a nice solid, mission-style that matches the window. I finished nailing up the trim on it today as well.

Here is the new door as viewed from the inside. We really love how solid it feels. (Andrew: no mirror going up on this one ;) )


Lastly, we just put up a little towel/robe hook, right next to the shower. We had been throwing everything on the floor, so this will be nice!

If anyone has any idea for curtains/blinds for the window, let us know. I was thinking of maybe a bamboo blind, but not sure yet. Other things left: fixing a couple cracks left in the floor grout, touching up the caulking around the tub and tile base, and the crown molding around the linen cabinet. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

The Vrabecs said...

Wow, the bathroom looks awesome! We are going to put you to work next time you are in FL!!

Susan said...

Hmmmm - can I afford an ophthalmologist to do my bathrooms, can I even afford a consult? It lookd great!!!

The Vrabecs said...

I love the door buddy! Tell Brian nice job! Buddyendo

Susan said...

What happened to the eyeball pics?

Josh Vrabec said...

eyes were removed to avoid hippaa violations